In this article, we’ll share details regarding the PAN card and ways to check the status of PAN Card. Tracking the process of the NSDL PAN is quite easy by following some simple steps.
After applying for the NSDL PAN, you can also check the status through acknowledgment number acquired during the registration for the same. Moreover, acknowledgment number will also be obtained at the time of applying for the correction of your PAN Card details so you need to keep it safe for future use and know the status of the NSDL PAN card online.
- You can check the status of your Permanent Account Number (PAN) online through link trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/.
- Clicking on the above link, you need to enter your application coupon number (if you’re a new applicant) or 10 Digit PAN Number (If you’re applying for the recorrection).
- According to the type of PAN Card, you must enter your Date of Birth /Incorporation / Agreement / Partnership or Trust Deed / Formation of Body of Individuals / Association of Persons.
- Lastly, don’t forget to fill the captcha code and enter the submit button.
You can also check your PAN Card status through UTI portal of the Indian government:
- First, you should visit the official website of the UTI portal through the link trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/.
- Here, you have to fill your application type whether it’s PAN – New / Change Request or TAN – New / Change Request. And enter your Acknowledgement Number as obtained during the registration of the application. And Don’t forget to enter the code shown in the box.
- After filling all the columns, you should press on the submit button.
- Now the status of PAN card will be downloaded in PDF format and take a printout of the same for future references.
Hence, the application status of the PAN card will be checked through the SMS/Call.
What are the other ways to check the PAN Card Status online?
All the PAN Card’s applicants can check the status by following some other ways viz., via NSDLwebsite, phone call, and SMS. Please read the next section to know about the complete process of checking the PAN Card status online:
- Firstly, go to the official website of NSDL@ tin-nsdl.com.
- Now the homepage of the website is open. Click on the link, ‘Know Status of PAN/TAN Online’ option to process the request that will redirect you to a new tab.
- Here, you should select the type of your PAN / TAN Card as mentioned during the submission of the application for the PAN Card.
- Enter the acknowledgment number in the next column as received at the time of application submission.
- Enter the captcha code for the verification of the individual.
- Lastly, click on the submit button and you’ll get the PAN Card tracking status after 24 hours from the submission duration of your entries to NSDL.
Important Information of Websites and Links – PAN Card Status
|For Duplicate PAN Card||Click here|
|Downloading the PAN Card Application||Click here|
|Submission of New Application||Click here|
|Check the PAN Card Payment Status||Click here|
|Correction of PAN Card||Click here|
Process of Tracking the PAN Card Status
After the submission of the application for the PAN Card, Income Tax Department usually takes 2 weeks to get the 10-digit alphanumeric Permanent Account Number. Hence, the authority provides a 15-digit number that can be used for tracking the status of the PAN Card within the period. Applicants should keep safe the acknowledgment number for future references.
Besides, the status of the Permanent Account Number (PAN) can also be tracked through the websites of NSDL and UTIITSL. The process of checking the PAN Card status step by step is given above.
Know PAN Card Status via Phone Call
Income Tax Department of India also provides a convenience for Indian citizens applied for the PAN Card. You can check the status of the PAN Card by a telephone call easily where you need to call the TIN call center at telephone number 020-27218080 between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. After picking the call from an executive, you’ll be asked for the Acknowledgement Number obtained during the application’s submission.
Note: Applicants can also check the status of the PAN Card through IVRS mode (Interactive Voice Response) between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am as well.
Know PAN Card Status via SMS
You can also check your PAN Card status by sending an SMS where an applicant will have to send it by sending the text ‘NSDLPAN <15 Digit Acknowledgement Number’ to 57575. The status of the PAN Card can only be checked after the submission of the application successfully.
How to check the PAN Card Payment Status?
Applicants can also check the status of the PAN Card transaction status online. Fee for the PAN Card’s applicants can be made through internet banking, credit card or debit card. The process of tracking the status of PAN Card application is given below:
- Firstly, click on the official website link of NSDL Click Here.
- The homepage of the NSDL website is open with various options. You should go to the PAN section and click on the option, ‘Know the Status of Your Credit Card/debit card/net banking transaction for online application.’
- Here, a new tab will open where you get two options to process any request. You can either enter Transaction Number or Acknowledgement Number along with the First, Middle & Last Name.
- Fill the column with Date of Birth/Incorporation/ Agreement/Partnership or Trust Deed/Formation of Body of Individuals/Association of Persons. And click on the Show Status button.
What is the Validity of your PAN Card?
It’s very important to know the validity of the PAN card for all applicants. Income Tax Department issues PAN cards to Indian Citizens that provides lifetime validity in every PAN card. The applicant should also know that there will not be any effect in the PAN card number after changing the address of the permanent residence of an individual. Income Tax Department provides a chance to PAN cardholders if they want rectification in any of the misprinted information. Applicants will have to submit the relevant documents to makes changes in the PAN Card’s details.
What is the process to Apply For a New/Duplicate PAN Card?
You can also apply for the new PAN Card or Duplicate PAN Card (For already issued applicants). A request for the New or Duplicate PAN Card can be made online or offline mode. If you want to submit your application offline, please visit your nearest ‘Jan Seva Kendra.’ While if you are eager to process your request online for applying the New or Duplicate PAN can also be made easily by following some simple steps. You can process your request for the online application for the New / Duplicate any time and any day. You should follow the below steps to apply for the PAN card online:
- Firstly, go to the official website of NSDL for online services Click Here.
- Now the homepage of the NDLS website will be open in the display screen where you should go to the Apply Online section and select the type of Application along with the category.
- You will have to fill the correct name, DOB, mobile number and email ID of yourself.
- Enter the correct captcha code and press the submit button after checking all the details.
- After clicking on the submit button, a token number will be generated that can be used for future reference.
- If you want to fill the complete application form for PAN Card later, you can use the Token Number after switching to the registered user tab.
- Under the Registered User tab, you also need to fill the email ID and date of birth as given during the submission of the application.
- Now the detailed application will appear on your computer screen that you should fill step by step carefully.
- You must attach the required documents after filling the detailed application form.
- After filling all detailed on the final application submission, you need to click on the preview button.
- Here, you should recheck all details submitted in the detailed application form and lastly, submit your application form.
- Now, you click on the Proceed Payment button against the submitted application form.
- You should download the application form after making the payment.
- Take the printout of your application for the New / Updated PAN card application.
How can the PAN card status be checked conveniently?
After applying for the PAN card modification or issuance of a new copy of the PAN card, you should take the acknowledgment number provided by the Income Tax Department. PAN card will be dispatched within 15-20 days and meanwhile, you can track the status of your PAN card through acknowledgment number. Applicants will also get an opportunity to act on the discrepancy against the printed information on the PAN card.
Permanent Account Number is subject to Income Tax Department of India and it comes under the Income Tax Act., 1961. The PAN number is given in the 10-digit Alphanumeric Form and issued to the association of persons, government agencies, individual bodies, co-operative society, trusts, etc.
Importance of PAN Card
- PAN card will be used after crossing the transaction limit of 50000 INR in at a time or more than 5,00,000 INR in a financial year with any of the nationalized / co-operative banks / Post office / non-banking financial agencies.
- You’ll have to give your PAN card during the sales of the vehicles while two-wheelers are exempted from this category.
- If you’re going to apply for a credit card, you’ll be asked for the PAN document by the credit card company.
- PAN Card will also be needed during a foreign trip or payment during the money exchange.
- You’ll also be asked for the PAN card during payment of the single bill generated at a time.
- PAN card is used by the mutual fund companies at the time of the buyer’s registration.
- You’ll be asked for the PAN card if you’re going to purchase Fixed Deposits (FDs) through any Nationalized Bank of India, Post-offices, Co-Operative Bank, etc.
Hence, PAN card has become a document of great importance to all of us, Permanent Account Number (PAN) provides all the details related to your previous transactions to the Income Tax Department. An individual can apply for only one PAN card and applying for more than one PAN card will be a criminal act liable to give punishment established in the Indian penal act.