After checking the status of your Aadhaar Card, you will be able to know the detailing of your Aadhaar card including the time of approval. After the successful registration for the Aadhaar Card, you can track the status with the help of the Acknowledgement slip. The status of the Aadhaar Card can be checked through online and offline mode both. You can check the Aadhaar Card status by entering the Aadhaar Enrolment ID in the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) portal. After reading this article, readers will know all details related to the Aadhaar card status and others including complaints and questions regarding the same.
aadhaar card status Latest Updates
The person can apply for new aadhar card, alterations in aadhar card, status of new aadhar and old aadhar card,retrieve the enrolment slips, download the aadhar card details can get here.
- 1 aadhaar card status Latest Updates
- 2 How to get a new Aadhaar Card?
- 3 Aadhaar Card Status – Overview
- 4 Check the status of the Old Aadhaar Card
- 5 Check the status of the New Aadhaar Card
- 6 Check the status of Aadhaar Card of Updated Address
- 7 What is the process to retrieve the new enrolment slip?
- 8 Download the e-Aadhaar card
- 9 Lodge a Complaint about the concerns
- 10 Check your lodged Complaint Status
- 11 Reference Links
- 12 Aadhaar Card Status: FAQ’s
How to get a new Aadhaar Card?
After applying for the Aadhaar Card or to make changes in your Aadhaar Card, you’ll have to wait for a few days to receive a new copy with the updated detail over the same. If you have already applied for the new Aadhaar Card, a new copy will be received after the verification of details submitted in the application form so you need to fill it correctly. Hence, applicants will have to wait for 90 days maximum (usual time for the issuance of a new Aadhaar Card is 60-90 days) to receive a new copy of the Aadhaar card. Before the arrival of the Hard Copy of your Aadhaar Card at the given address, you can also download the e-Aadhaar Card from the official website of the UIDAI.
Aadhaar Card Status – Overview
|Article Category||Government Scheme|
|Scheme Name||Aadhaar Card Status Check|
|Scheme Category||Central Government Scheme|
|What Is Aadhaar Card status||The Motto Of This Is To Provide The status of the aadhaar card|
|Eligibility Criteria||Anyone who is a citizen of India|
|Status Check Mode||Online|
|Benefits Of The Aadhaar card||Aadhaar card will be available for every Government scheme and also it is useful as an Identity card|
Check the status of the Old Aadhaar Card
Applicants of the new Aadhaar card/updated copy can check the status through the official website of UIDAI. You are not liable to pay any fee for checking the status of the Aadhaar Card. Kindly go through the below section to know about the Aadhaar Card status step by step:
- Firstly, go to the official website of UIDAI through the link; uidai.gov.in.
- The homepage of the official website of the UIDAI will open.
- Now, you should access the “My Aadhaar” section given on the homepage of the official website of the portal. After scrolling down, you have to click on the option named Update Aadhaar Status.
- Here you need to enter your Enrollment ID (EID) as received during the submission of the application for the Aadhaar Card’s updation.
- Moreover, you also have to enter the date to which it was applied along with the captcha code given below.
- Click on the submit button and get a copy of your Aadhaar Card status.
- Take the printout of your Aadhar Card status copy as downloaded in the PDF format.
Note: If you want to check the status of the eAadhaar Card can also go through offline mode by dialing toll-free number 1947. Here, you would be able to know whether your Aadhaar Card is ready or not.
Check the status of the New Aadhaar Card
- First, go to the official website of the UIDAI portal of the Indian government for the generation of Aadhaar Cards of Indian citizens. You can go to the official website of the Aadhaar Card through the link;uidai.gov.in.
- After clicking on the above link, the homepage of the official website will open. Here, you should go to the My Aadhaar<Get Aadhaar<Check Aadhaar Status section.
- After clicking on the tab named Check Aadhaar Status, you’ll have a new page where you should enter your Enrolment ID along with the date to which it was applied.
- Lastly, enter the Captcha code and press on the submit button.
- Here, the status of your Aadhaar Card will be downloaded in your PC/Laptop/Mobile.
- Now, take a printout of the status of your Aadhaar Card for future references.
Check the status of Aadhaar Card of Updated Address
- First, go to the official website of the UIDAI; uidai.gov.in.
- Now the homepage of the official website of the Aadhaar card will open.
- Go to the My Aadhaar Section and after scrolling down, you have to click on the Check Online Address Updates Status option.
- A new page will appear with relevant columns to fill your Unique Identification Number (UID) (12-Digit Aadhaar Number) along with the Update Request Number (14 Digit – URN).
- Enter the Captcha code and click on the Check Status button.
- Take the printout of your status of Address Update for Aadhaar Card for future use.
What is the process to retrieve the new enrolment slip?
- Firstly, click on the official link of the UIDAI portal; resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid.
- Here, you’ll be redirected to the particular page. You should fill in relevant details such as Aadhaar Card Number (UID)/Enrolment ID (EID), name, mobile number, and email ID.
- You should fill the Captcha code before proceeding to Generate the OTP.
- OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number after the verification of all the details given correctly.
- Hence, you should enter your OTP and you’ll be able to get to know your enrolment ID.
- You must take the printout of the copy of the Aadhaar Card enrolment ID for future reference.
Download the e-Aadhaar card
- First, go to the official website of the UIDAI at uidai.gov.in.
- Here, you should scroll down, and go to the section named; Download e-Aadhaar.
- After clicking on the Download e-Aadhaar link, you can log in to your UIDAI page by using any of the methods; Aadhaar Number, Enrolment ID (EID) and Virtual ID.
- You can use any of the above methods (whichever you’ve available) and enter the same on the relevant column.
- Enter the captcha code mentioned and click on the Generate OTP option.
- OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number in the application form of Aadhaar Card.
- After entering the OTP, you can download a copy of your Aadhaar card online and it can be used for any purpose.
- You can take a printout of the e-Aadhaar card copy for future references.
Note: The e-Aadhaar card can also be downloaded from the UIDAI website after updating the details of your Aadhaar card. After submitting the application for updating Aadhaar card details, you should check the status. And if your details are updated can go to download the e-copy of the Aadhaar Card.
Lodge a Complaint about the concerns
- If you have applied for the Aadhaar card earlier and facing any difficulty, you can send your query to Grievance officials of the Indian government through the official website; pgportal.gov.in.
- You’ll access to the Public Grievances portal after clicking the link given earlier.
- Here, you should go to the Grievances section of the portal. After scrolling down, you’ve to select the Public Grievance section.
- You have to Sign In first to access the same link and if you’re not a registered user, go to the Sign Up section and follow the same process as given.
- Grievances will be made and sent to the related officials. And it’ll be responded in a stipulated time frame.
Note: You should make complaints against any hindrance through the official website only. Compliant made through any other source will be entertained by the officials.
Check your lodged Complaint Status
If you’ve lodged any complaint against Aadhaar card correction, a grievance cell is always ready to help you. And it can take some time to process your request. Hence, you can track the status of your complaint through the Case ID provided while making a complaint. You should send an email to UIDAI providing them Case ID.
Aadhaar Card Status: FAQ’s
Sure, applicants can go through the official website of the Aadhaar Card of UIDAI. Go to My Aadhaar Section and after scrolling down, you can select the relevant option.
Once you apply for the Aadhaar Card, an acknowledgment slip will be generated that has an enrolment ID. Enrolment ID given on the acknowledgment slip is of greatest use that can be used to track the status of the Aadhaar Card through the official website.
You’ll get your new Aadhaar Card through the post before 90 days after applying for the application.
Update Request Number (URN) will be obtained after the successful submission of the application for any change in the Aadhaar card. And it can be used to track the status of your application of Aadhaar card in the future.
Yes, by sending an SMS to “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>” to 51969. Moreover, Aadhaar Card status can also be checked by making a phone call on ‘1947.’
Aadhaar card is managed by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) so if you want to check any of Aadhaar related task, should go through the official website of UIDAI; uidai.gov.in.
After applying for the Aadhaar Card, it’ll be sent to your residential address in 60-90 days.
You don’t have to apply for a new Aadhaar Card and can retrieve your enrolment number from the official website of the UIDAI portal.
If you want to check the status by sending a letter to UIDAI, you can send a letter through India Post mentioning the date and time to which it was applied. You’ll get a letter responded by the UIDAI officials within the stipulated time.
Post Box No. 99,
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.
Unique Identification Authority Of India,
Government of India,
3rd Floor, Tower II, Jeevan Bharti Building,
Connaught Circus, New Delhi – 110001
Yes, it can be downloaded through the official website of the UIDAI by following the process given above. e-Aadhaar will be available before the arrival of the Hard Copy in your mentioned residence at the time of application.
Yes, it can be done through the official website of the Aadhaar Card (UIDAI website); uidai.gov.in. Besides, the status of the Aadhaar card biometrics can also be done through the mAadhaar app available for Android and iOS versions.
Firstly, you should check the status of your Aadhaar card update and if details submitted by an individual are updated, you can use the E-Aadhaar card as relevant documents.