As the government in the center promised to provide various facilities to common citizens of the country and there are many steps taken since last year. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) was a part of one of those initiatives of the PM Modi government. Prime Minister Modi is also taking care of youths and always have been insisting on youth’s employment and strength for the development of the country since taking the oath of Prime Minister of India.
As health is one of the most important factors in the personal growth of any person and any small disease can hamper the development of the people. So we should think about our health first before thinking of any work completed. The most important thing for any country and for making the economy healthy is to make the population sturdy by providing them the best facilities regarding their health. Moreover, if any person can get the best treatment at nominal prices for its disease, it’ll be the most important thing ever gonna happen in life.
What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)?
India is the 2nd most populated country in the world and due to the increased level of air pollution in the country, there are many diseases seen in the past few years in many cities. Some small diseases are often ignored while after increasing bulging the disease, people go to the hospital and ask the doctor regarding the same. Most of the time, doctors give them a huge amount to be spent on the disease and families are not able to afford the whole expenses of the patient’s ailment.
If families go for the disease treatment, they are charged lakhs of rupees in a very short span of time where control on money can also be lost. Often, middle-income group families don’t even think to treat diseases like cancer that may be dangerous for them in the future for their sustenance. Hence, due to the large presence of the lower-income group in a country like India, the growth may also hamper that may result in a slump being an inactive group of youths in the country.
After considering the country’s concern, PM Modi announced the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Scheme (AB – NHPS) during his independence speech in the year 2018 from the ramparts of the Red Fort. Insisting more on the national health insurance scheme, PM Modi said that the scheme will be rolled out as a pilot basis in various states while after the successful experimentation, it’ll be implemented all over the country from the month of September.
After the implementation at a large level in all parts of the country, PM Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Scheme on September 23, 2018, in Jharkhand’s capital, Ranchi and it was declared as the world’s largest healthcare government-funded scheme. The PM Jan Arogya Yojana scheme was initiated on 25th September 2019 on the Birth Date of Pt. Deendayal Upadhya and the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Scheme (AB – NHPS) was renamed as the PMJAY on the same date.
Who can avail the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)?
This is the most important question that everyone will be contemplating. Hence, we would like to give you a detailed introduction about the PM Jan Arogya Yojana that will be available to everyone?
Ayushman Bharat Scheme can be availed by economically backward Indians and who want the healthcare benefits at an affordable rate with the help of the central government’s assistance. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) has been launched for all states in the country including union territories so every MIG (Middle Income Group) patient can take the facilities provided under this scheme.
During the launch of the scheme of the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, PM Modi said that more than 50 crore citizens of India will be benefited from this scheme and there have already been many success stories that have been seen earlier during the pilot implementation of the PMJAY. Moreover, during the launch of the PM Jan Arogya Scheme in September 2018, PM Modi also said that more than 18 thousand hospitals have already been earmarked with over 45 lakhs beneficiaries within 1 month of the announcement of the scheme PM Jan Arogya Yojana. Furthermore, more than 10 crore e-cards have been issued under the PM Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Overview
|Article Category||Government Schemes|
|Scheme Name||PMJAY – Ayushman Bharat Yojana|
|Scheme Category||Central Government Scheme|
|What is PMJAY||National Health Insurance Scheme by Central Government|
|Eligibility Criteria||People who are economically backward|
|Applying Process||Through Online or Offline CSC’s|
|Aim of the Scheme||Free treatment for the people who comes under economically backward|
|Benefits Under PMJAY||An Insurance cover up to INR 5 lakh/family/year|
What are the vital things to know in the Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PM Jan Arogya Yojana)?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the National Health Protection Scheme that will provide medical care to all middle and lower-income groups of the country.
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat Yojana) is available to every citizen of the Indian who comes under the Middle Income Group or Below Poverty Line whose income comes in the criteria as mentioned by the central government.
- The motive of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is to plan secondary and tertiary healthcare cashless thoroughly.
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana officials are issuing e-cards to all beneficiaries who want to avail services under this scheme.
- Under the PMJAY, there will be various public and private hospitals available for the people across the country and they can choose any of the hospitals whether it’s private or government-owned, can go for their treatment.
- The PM Modi government has recently started working on making the PM Jan Arogya Yojana cashless that will promote India towards the digital payment as Prime Minister Modi promised after the demonetization in 2016.
- After the implementation of the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, all eligible patients will be able to take the services of the 3 days pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization expenses.
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana will also take care of the patients who want the operation theatre (OT) expenses. Patients will also be getting rid of the 1500 procedures related to OT patients.
- Under the Jan Arogya Yojana, a family will be getting an expense up to 5 Lakh in a year that will be helping them financially. Thus the economical barrier will not come during the medical treatment of any lower-income family in India.
- As per the PM Modi government, Ayushman Bharat Yojana is one of the biggest healthcare schemes in the world.
What is the basic aim of the government through Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana?
PM Jan Arogya Yojana is basically aiming the poor people of the country where the government is targeting to give a better treatment to the Lower Class families in India. Moreover, the government will also offer this 2.33 crore urban person who will also be treated under the PM Jan Arogya Yojana. More than 8 core families were also treated as the lower-income holders according to the census of Socio-Economic Caste in the year 2011. Hence, with the help of Jan Arogya Yojana, more than 10 crore families can take the benefit of affordable medical treatment at best private and government hospitals in India.
What is the process of hospitalization in PM Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat Yojana)?
This is one of the most important points to know everyone where you may think about some hidden charges or terms & conditions. According to the officials of the Jan Arogya Yojana, the beneficiaries will not be required to pay any additional or hidden charges to admit in the hospitals. Moreover, the premium of the hospitalization and pre-medical expenses will also be covered in the PM Jan Arogya Yojana.
Every hospital which is categorized under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana will have ‘Ayushman Mitra’ that will assist patients and they will also coordinate with the beneficiaries. You should go to their help desk where they check documents for the verification of eligibility for the Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat Scheme). Beneficiaries will also have to take the letter with the QR Codes and it will be scanned for demographic purposes and it’ll also be helpful for the patients to check the eligibility for taking all kinds of benefits provided under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
Jan Arogya Yojana will be available under certain circumstances. Kindly take a look to check the eligibility of the application to avail the Ayushman Bharat Yojana (Jan Arogya):
- PMJAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) will be available for those who are living in Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
- Families should not have any males aged between 16 and 59 years.
- Beggars whose livelihood is based on alms only.
- Families should have one physically challenged member and
- A household who doesn’t have any land and their livelihood is based on working as laborers
- Mainly belongs to the tribal communities
- Families who have one-room makeshift houses without any walls or roof
- A laborer who has released bonded through legal note
- Families who come from scavenger background
- Persons who are home-based artisans or handicraft or tailors
- People who are working as assistant peons, helpers, and rickshaw pullers.
- Cobblers and hawkers who are working on the street to subsist.
- Any plumber, construction worker, porters, welders, masons, potters, and painters.
- Persons who are working as security guards.
Persons not eligible for the Health Cover in Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- One who owns two, three or four-wheelers or any motorized boat or steamer.
- One who has Kisan Cards with the credit limit of INR 50000.
- One who has any of the costly farming equipment.
- One who is in the government’s job or job that doesn’t come in daily wages or income is more than 10000 in a particular job.
- One who is working in the government-managed non-agricultural.
- One who is an owner of refrigerators and landline phones.
- One who has decent and proper-built houses.
- One who is the owner of more than 5 acres of land or more.
How to Apply for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana (online process)?
However, there is not any specific process to apply for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana / Jan Arogya Yojana. But only those applicants will be considered eligible to avail the PM Jan Arogya Yojana. Applicants who will be applying for the Jan Arogya Yojana will be considered by the SECC 2011 because they would have been a part of the RSBY scheme. Here is the process through which you can apply for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the PM Jan Arogya Yojana; pmjay.gov.in and now you should click on the section named ‘Am I Eligible.’
- Now you should enter your mobile number with the captcha code to submit your entries and to generate the OTP that will be sent to your mobile number.
- Here, after verifying your OTP, you’ll have to select the name of your state and search the name including the ration card number / mobile number.
- After submitting such entries, your application will be checked whether you’re qualified for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- Moreover, if you want to check your eligibility for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, you can also visit the Empanelled Health Care Provider (EHCP) or call on the Ayushman Bharat Yojana helpline center: 14555 or 1800-111-565.
If you’ll be eligible for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, you can go to create your card and your documents should match exactly with the entries filled during the online submission of the application. After the completion of the verification, your e-card will be generated with the unique AB-PMJAY ID that can be used anytime in the future.
In this article, we’ve tried to provide the best possible information regarding the Ayushman Bharat Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana). We hope you’ll be able to get sufficient data from our article. If you still have any doubts regarding the PMJAY, you can let us know through the comment section below.