As the Government in the center promised to provide various facilities to common citizens of the country and there are many steps taken for a year. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) is one of those initiatives of the PM Modi government. As health is one of the most important factors in the personal growth of any person and any small disease can hamper the development of the people. So we should think about our health first before thinking of any work completed.
The most important thing for any country and for making the economy healthy is to make the population sturdy by providing them the best facilities regarding their health through PMJAY Scheme. Moreover, if any person can get the best treatment at nominal prices for its disease, it’ll be the most important thing ever gonna happen in life.
PMJAY Latest Updates
PMJAY Application procedure, eligibility check, guidelines, and complete details can check here.
- 1 PMJAY Latest Updates
- 2 Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) Details
- 3 Who can avail the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)?
- 4 PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Overview
- 5 Highlights of Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PM Jan Arogya Yojana)
- 6 Hospitalization Process in PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- 7 PM Ayushman Bharat Scheme Eligibility
- 8 Persons not eligible in Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- 9 Diseases covered under the PM Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- 10 PM Jan Arogya Yojana Apply (online process)
- 11 Download the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card Online
- 12 Reference Links
- 13 PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana: FAQ’s
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) Details
India is the 2nd most populated country in the world and due to the increasing of many diseases in the past few years. Some small diseases are often ignored while after increasing bulging the disease, people go to the hospital and ask the doctor regarding the same. If families go for any treatment, lakhs of rupees will be spent on the treatment. Often, middle-income group families don’t even think to treat some diseases that may be dangerous for them in the future for their sustenance. Hence, due to the large presence of the lower-income group in a country like India, the growth may also hamper that may result in a slump being an inactive group of youths in the country.
After considering the country’s concern, PM Modi announced the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Scheme (AB – NHPS). Insisting more on the national health insurance scheme, PM Modi said that the scheme had implemented all over the country. After the implementation at a large level in all parts of the country, PM Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Scheme on September 23, 2018, in Jharkhand’s capital, Ranchi and it was declared as the world’s largest healthcare government-funded scheme. The PM Jan Arogya Yojana scheme was initiated on 25th September 2019 and the Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Scheme (AB – NHPS) was renamed as the PMJAY on the same date.
Who can avail the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)?
Ayushman Bharat Scheme can be availed by economically backward Indians and who want the healthcare benefits at an affordable rate with the help of the central government. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) has been launched for all states in the country including union territories so every MIG (Middle Income Group) patient can take the facilities provided under this scheme. During the launch of the scheme of the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, PM Modi said that more than 50 crore citizens of India will be benefited from this scheme and there have already been many success stories that have been seen earlier during the pilot implementation of the PMJAY.
Moreover, during the launch of the PM Jan Arogya Scheme in September 2018, PM Modi also said that more than 18 thousand hospitals have already been earmarked with over 45 lakhs beneficiaries within 1 month of the announcement of the scheme PM Jan Arogya Yojana. Furthermore, more than 10 crore e-cards have been issued under the PM Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojana Overview
|Article Category||Government Schemes|
|Scheme Name||PMJAY – Ayushman Bharat Yojana|
|Scheme Category||Central Government Scheme|
|What is PMJAY||National Health Insurance Scheme by Central Government|
|Eligibility Criteria||People who are economically backward|
|Applying Process||Through Online or Offline CSC’s|
|Aim of the Scheme||Free treatment for the people who comes under economically backward|
|Benefits Under PMJAY||An Insurance cover up to INR 5 lakh/family/year|
Highlights of Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PM Jan Arogya Yojana)
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the National Health Protection Scheme that will provide medical care to all middle and lower-income groups of the country.
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat Yojana) is available to every citizen of the Indian who comes under the Middle Income Group or Below Poverty Line whose income comes in the criteria as mentioned by the central government.
- The motive of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is to plan secondary and tertiary healthcare cashless thoroughly.
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana officials are issuing e-cards to all beneficiaries who want to avail services under this scheme.
- Under the PMJAY, there will be various public and private hospitals available for the people across the country and they can choose any of the hospitals whether it’s private or government-owned, can go for their treatment.
- The PM Modi government has recently started working on making the PM Jan Arogya Yojana cashless that will promote India towards the digital payment as Prime Minister Modi promised after the demonetization in 2016.
- After the implementation of the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, all eligible patients will be able to take the services of the 3 days pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization expenses.
- PM Jan Arogya Yojana will also take care of the patients who want the operation theatre (OT) expenses. Patients will also be getting rid of the 1500 procedures related to OT patients.
- Under the Jan Arogya Yojana, a family will be getting an expense up to 5 Lakh in a year that will be helping them financially. Thus the economical barrier will not come during the medical treatment of any lower-income family in India.
- As per the PM Modi government, Ayushman Bharat Yojana is one of the biggest healthcare schemes in the world.
Hospitalization Process in PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana
Every hospital which is categorized under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana will have ‘Ayushman Mitra’ that will assist patients and they will also coordinate with the beneficiaries. You should go to their help desk where they check documents for the verification of eligibility for the Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat Scheme). Beneficiaries will also have to take the letter with the QR Codes and it will be scanned for demographic purposes and it’ll also be helpful for the patients to check the eligibility for taking all kinds of benefits provided under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
Jan Arogya Yojana will be available under certain circumstances. Kindly take a look to check the eligibility of the application to avail the Ayushman Bharat Yojana (Jan Arogya):
- PMJAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana) will be available for those who are living in Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
- Families should not have any males aged between 16 and 59 years.
- Beggars whose livelihood is based on alms only.
- Families should have one physically challenged member.
- A household that doesn’t have any land and their livelihood are based on working as laborers.
- Mainly belongs to the tribal communities.
- Families who have one-room makeshift houses without any walls or roofs.
- A laborer who has released bonded through the legal note.
- Families who come from scavenger background.
- Persons who are home-based artisans or handicraft or tailors.
- People who are working as assistant peons, helpers, and rickshaw pullers.
- Cobblers and hawkers who are working on the street to subsist.
- Any plumber, construction worker, porters, welders, masons, potters, and painters.
- Persons who are working as security guards.
PM Ayushman Bharat Scheme Eligibility
For Rural People
There will be certain eligibility criteria for applicants who belong to rural areas:
- SC/ ST category families can apply for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme of Indian Government.
- Beggars who are living in rural areas can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Scheme.
- All laborers who have not any land can apply for the scheme.
- There should not be any male members in the family between the ages of 16 – 59 years.
- In the family, there should be at least one Physically Challenged member.
- Families who don’t have proper walls or roofs in their homes and they living in one-room makeshifts can apply for the particular healthcare scheme of the Indian government.
For Urban People
Those people belong to the category of rage pickers, washerman, mechanics, chowkidars, electricians, rage pickers, sweepers, sanitation workers, domestic helpers, cobblers, home-based artisans, hawkers, plumbers, painters, potters, masons, conductor, driver, rickshaw pullers, peon, assistants, waiters, shopkeepers, etc., who work on the daily wages will be able to apply for the PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Note: Those people who own the two, three, or four-wheelers in urban areas will not be allowed to apply for the particular scheme, Besides, those applicants who have a motorized fishing boat or mechanized farming equipment will also not be able to particular in the particular scheme of the Ayushman Bharat. Kisan Credit Cards owners who have a limit of Rs. 50000 are also not able to apply for the PMJAY.
Persons not eligible in Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- One who owns two, three or four-wheelers or any motorized boat or steamer.
- One who has Kisan Cards with the credit limit of INR 50000.
- One who has any of the costly farming equipment.
- One who is in the government’s job or job that doesn’t come in daily wages or income is more than 10000 in a particular job.
- One who is working in the government-managed non-agricultural.
- One who is an owner of refrigerators and landline phones.
- One who has decent and proper-built houses.
- One who is the owner of more than 5 acres of land or more.
Diseases covered under the PM Ayushman Bharat Scheme
There will be a certain critical disease whose cost is in lakhs will also be part of the Pradhan Mantri’s Ayushman Bharat Scheme:
- Heart Disease
- Any skull surgery
- Critical Surgeries
- Double Valve replacement
- Tissue expansion for disfigurement
Note: There are some diseases that get rid of drugs, organ replacement, etc., that are not covered under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
PM Jan Arogya Yojana Apply (online process)
- Firstly, visit the official website of the PM Jan Arogya Yojana; pmjay.gov.in and now you should click on the section named ‘Am I Eligible.’
- Now you should enter your mobile number with the captcha code to submit your entries and to generate the OTP that will be sent to your mobile number.
- Here, after verifying your OTP, you’ll have to select the name of your state and search the name including the ration card number / mobile number.
- After submitting such entries, your application will be checked whether you’re qualified for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- Moreover, if you want to check your eligibility for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, you can also visit the Empanelled Health Care Provider (EHCP) or call on the Ayushman Bharat Yojana helpline center: 14555 or 1800-111-565.
Download the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card Online
- Go to the official website i.e., pmjay.gov.in
- Login with the registered mobile number
- Enter the captcha code to get the OTP to mobile and enter the OTP
- Select for HHD Code
- Note down the HHD Code and give the HHD Code at the nearest CSC Center
- The Card will be provided at the CSC Center
NOTE: You have to pay INR 30 to get the Ayushman Bharat Card.
If you are eligible for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana, you can go to create your card and your documents should match exactly with the entries filled during the online submission of the application. After the completion of the verification, your e-card will be generated with the unique AB-PMJAY ID that can be used anytime in the future.
In this article, we’ve tried to provide the best possible information regarding the Ayushman Bharat Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana). We hope you’ll be able to get sufficient data from our article. If you still have any doubts regarding the PMJAY, you can let us know through the comment section below.
- PMJAY AYUSHMAN BHARAT YOJANA ELIGIBILITY CHECK
- PMJAY AYUSHMAN BHARATH HOSPITAL LIST
- PMJAY COMPLETE GUIDELINES PDF
PM Ayushman Bharat Yojana: FAQ’s
Ayushman Bharat Yojana call center number: 14555 or 1800-111-565
You can check your eligibility for the PM Jan Arijaya Yijana from its official website as mentioned above. Besides, you can also contact any Empanelled Health Care Provider (EHCP).
After verifying all the details filled in the application form of the PMJAY, you will be able to get the healthcare along with a unique AB-PMJAY ID that will be used for taking various health-related benefits in the future.
Provides an insurance cover up to Rs 5 lakh per year and per family for the hospitalization.
There is no enrolment process and the families who are identified by the government as BPL criteria both in rural and urban areas are eligible to PM-JAY.
No, there is no time period restriction for registering the Ayushman Bharat and there is no need for the enrolment process.
An identification number will be given to the eligible ones and also an e-card will also be given at the time of hospitalization.
The applicants should carry any of the government-recognized photo IDs like Aadhaar etc… at the time of admission into the hospital.
There is a list of hospitals that are mentioned on the official website which is the link given above.
One can avail the scheme benefits at any of the listed or impaneled public and private hospitals.